Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UNINSTALLING SOFTWARE (UNINSTALLERS NOT WORKING)

• Please log in to reply

sabrin

sabrin

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi Geekstogo team.

I am trying to unistall some software on my computer, namely cyberlinks Powerdvd and powercinema. When I go to programs there is a uninstall link, this does nothing. I tried with Ccleaner, spybotSD and revo, but these programs are on in the list. In C:\program files there is a cyberlink folder. In the folder there is no uninstall. I searched on the internet and found that this program uses microsofts dll uninstaller (but neither sites mentions this file by name, they assume I must know it .).... and they say that programs I should right click the uninstall icon and then I should redirect under SHORTCUT to this microsoft file. Then I need to click the uninstall icon to uninstall, and then manually remove traces of cyberlink in the registry and then delete the program files. This sounds a bit crazy, but the cyberlink website says the same thing.
So, how do I delete these programs? I don't know the microsoft uninstaller dll file name, so I can't make the shortcut (not sure how to make the short cut but think you type in the location of the file in the shortcut section of properties.
How do I search the registry to delete these references. (I have used regedit for specific things before when I had a infection, but I was helped with where to look and what to do, I don't want to go looking around in the registry without direction)

I also had a trojan infection that I was helped with in the other forum here. Thanks, Sweettech!!! but after I noticed in the registry under software I had keys that related to software that I either don't have loaded, have uninstalled or have never heard of. I have searched most of these and notice a few that aren't needed. Can I safely delete these keys if the program has been uninstalled and is not on the computer anymore?
thats it. Thanks for your help in advance

sabrin

Advertisements