Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-RW Wont Show on My Computer

• Please log in to reply

KrZyJr

KrZyJr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This morning i uploaded Home Videos from my video camera so i can burn them into a dvd. My video camera came with a software called PMG and had me install this additional software called Image Mastering 2.0 in order to burn the movies into dvd disc. After uploading the videos on my computer i wanted to burn them and then the software said it couldnt detect any disc drive. I went to MY COMPUTER and noticed it only shows my DVD ROM and not by DVD-RW, i went to device manager and it also does not show it there.
I dont understand why if i didnt do anything to it and it happened while the videos were uploading.

Can anyone help?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi KrZyJr :D sorry to hear you are having this issue.
Some options for you to try can be found here http://support.micro....aspx/kb/314060
Hopefully one of them will help you resolve this issue and let us know how it goes.