Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 721

• Please log in to reply

Dipat

Dipat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This laptop is configured to access a vpn. It has worked at other houses. At our house it reports error 721. What do i need to change to enable access here?
please help. Thank you

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
It's most likely the hardware firewall within your router at home that's blocking the VPN connection if you've never been able to get it to work at home yet it works in other people's homes.

I read this elsewhere in relation to the same problem with the same error (credits to Robert Lin):

"check the router settings and make sure TCP Port 1723, IP Protocol 47 (GRE) are opened. Also make sure that the router has the PPTP enabled and not firewall block the traffic."

Dipat

Dipat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

this sounds helpful. Do you know how i do this?

Thank you