Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drives not recognized as Burners

• Please log in to reply

newcomer21

newcomer21

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I can't get my drives to be recognized as burners. I have a Dell Dimension 3000 that came with a CD-writer and it will not burn a cd and I tried a gear head mobile slim DVD writer and it is installed correctly but will not burn a cd either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Newcomer21

Advertisements

newcomer21

newcomer21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I go the drives to burn. My Sonic Record Now software will not recognize the drives. Is there anyway to get it to recognize the drives. I don't have software disk to reinstall.

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Since you've installed a new burner you maybe just need to update your burning software or use the latest version of some other burning software.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Try another software program to see if the issue goes away.
I use BurnAware Free

newcomer21

newcomer21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thanks for the help. It appears that my Record Now by Sonic is acting up. The new software works.

Thanks,
Newcomer21

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Thanks for letting us know. It is great that we get responses back. It helps us and those that are looking for answers to similar problems. :D