Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cam install requires win98 disk, don't have it

• Please log in to reply

floridakitty

floridakitty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an older IBM Aptiva computer, I just got a web cam. When trying to install the webcam using the cd it came with, it asks for the win98 cdrom. I do not have this disk, what can I do? Will the web cam even work with this old computer? (says it meets the specs of cam, barely heheee) My system has 64mb ram, 51% free, 32 bit file, 32 bit memory. The webcam is a logitech quick cam. Thank you.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
why don't you have a windows disk? Search your harddrive for a folder called OPTIONS.

floridakitty

floridakitty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't have the windows 98 cd, because this is my moms old computer and she can't find it. She gave me this computer when she got a new one then she moved. I used to have a better computer, but lost it to an ex, it wasn't worth fighting over. If I could afford a new computer I would do it in a heartbeat. Any suggestions?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

why don't you have a windows disk? Search your harddrive for a folder called OPTIONS.

View Post

is it there??????????

floridakitty

floridakitty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes i have an options folder.