Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can window always use same screen area?

• Please log in to reply

TooNew2

TooNew2

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I like to use the right 85% of my screen, leaving the left two colums of desktop icons showing. When I open the first window in either IE7 and/or M. Firefox, it opens where I want it, but a second window in either browser will not; for IE, the second usually opens to the far left, (but is normally still the same size). I think that if that 'second' is closed and then re-opened, it usually but not always opens where it last had been. Firefox seems less regular, sometimes doing so, sometimes not, but I use multi-windoows much less with it.
I can and do just move the windows, and resize it if necessary, but was wondering if a way exists to set the program so the browser windows always open in the same place? Would the same be true of other windows, like pictures or documents?

I am running Windows XP, home eddition, SP2.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Both IE and Firefox now support the use of tabs. Instead of opening a new instance of a browser just open a new tab in the window that's open on the right of your screen. You then don't need to worry about where a second window will appear.

TooNew2

TooNew2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
That isn't an acceptable option to me, so my question still remains.
Thanks for taking the time to reply though.