Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Suddenly became very slow

• Please log in to reply

JLatorre

JLatorre

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently bought a new computer about 2 months ago and so far it has been working great. Iv added a 1gb video card and a 2gb ram card (now its at 4gb ram) and it was still working fine. I recently restored it to factory condition but now it randomly becomes very slow out of nowhere! Sometimes clicking on the start button takes up to 10 seconds for it to load, fire fox randomly freezes up for a couple of seconds, even world of Warcraft, which used to run great, would randomly lock up for 5-10 seconds at a time. Iv done most of what i can think of, be it uninstalling useless programs and trying ccleaner but now im all out of ideas. Can anyone help get this computer back to the way it was running before?

Advertisements