Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Router will not reset

• Please log in to reply

kbraun

kbraun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I have been having trouble with my wireless internet for 2 days now. I have read the forums about resetting my router and putting the default gateway number into the address box in a browser.

When I put the default gateway number in it automatically does a google search instead of taking me to the settings page. I have also tried using the default gateway that is posted on my network properties.

I have a Linksys WRT54G v5 and windows XP. My desktop is connected through directly to the internet where as i have 2 laptops that require the wireless.

Advertisements

Jkc73

Jkc73

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi kbraun

;)

I have found a link here that may help you resolve your issue.

Please read all the steps before attempting any fixes.

It is always good practice to set a System Restore Point and back up your registry using Erunt prior to downloading anything or making any changes to your system.

Please let us know how you go.:D

Regards,
Jkc73

Edited by Jkc73, 12 November 2010 - 02:32 AM.