Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hackintosh

• Please log in to reply

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Basically, is Hackintosh illegal? I always thought it was due to being Mac for free and stuff, but my friend told me it was fine unless you torrent stuff.

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
I bet the answer is in the mac operating system license terms.

Odal

Odal

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I bet Crowbar is right. In fact...

Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you have purchased a Family Pack or Upgrade license for the Apple Software, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time.