Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GoBack error BPB

• Please log in to reply

joen0124

joen0124

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hopefully, someone can help. Appox. a week ago got caught with a thinkpoint malware virus. Believed it was removed, but computer was going slow. Went and ran dskchk and defrag yesterday. dskchk only made it to 46% before it froze the sysytem up and didn't go anywhere. Today started up system and before it could go thru
with everything this message came up:

Goback has detected it's partion signature in the MBR on disc #1, but links back to GoBack's data file(GOBACKIO) are broken. To fix this problem, GoBack will need to scan your hard disc for it's data file and restore the Mbr and/or BPB sector.Until this problem is fixed you will not be able to access this disc.
This problem was probaly cause by a utilty such as a virus checker, mutiboot manager or a disc editor.
Do you want GoBack to attempt to restore the BPB. YES OR NO.

I picked yes and the system goes to 47% and freezes. What can I do? On a restart the system comes back to the orginal message.

Solved above problem by doing a control,alt.,g. Got axcess to system and removed goback from add/remove programs.Now, system is slow,still. Tried to download items from this site and everything comes back as a internet can not open page lost connection. The connection isn't lost but still cannot down load. Also, something not mention before is this all started when I update internet ie6 to ie8. Do not know if all is related to each other or not, Just hope someone csn help with an answer. Thank you.

Edited by joen0124, 19 November 2010 - 07:04 AM.

Advertisements