Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQL_not_less_or_equal

• Please log in to reply

erjorgito

erjorgito

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey.

My computers suddenly got the error message IRQL_not_or_equal, and i really have no idea what to do.

It first happened, when i was installing AVG; the program was extracting and i pressed the icon again by mistake, so two of them were extracting at once. I closed the second window, and almost instantansly the computer got the Blue screen error. Safe mode will not work, i get prompted to press Enter, but once i do all my mouse and keyboard turn off, and the PC seems to freeze on loading something. Once restarted in every mode possible, the error just loops.

I've searched the net for answers, but there seems to be lots of causes and fix's, so far i've narrowed it down to:

1. Keep the power off for 1 hour, then check the Motherboard and see if the battery has gone.

2. My OS on a seperate HD to everything else, so reinstall my OS.

3. Work out how to get into Safe mode, and see if i can remove the AVG files or fix the issue.

I now ask for any help, tips or answers on my problem. A straight answer and solution would be the most useful, i would like a clear definent diagnositic. If possible, a cause aswell would be great, i have problems with my fans, but it seems too much of chance for it to start happening as soon as AVG was closed.

Advertisements

D-Berd

D-Berd

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
You need to post more info about your pc.