Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

eMachines Strange..Shuts Down before starting up!

• Please log in to reply

crazykidsdsl

crazykidsdsl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
At last think I have found the solution. Like many I have spent days trying to resolve the issue of this machine shutting down at any point it pleases. I have tried changing the power supply, cmos battry, hard drive. I have reseated the heatsink, flashed the Bios all to no avail. After searching numerous sites about the Emachine E4252 desktop, and reading the only thing that seemed to resolve this issue was actually replacing the whole motherboard. Well the reason for this is the built in graphic card which is a NVDIA Geforce 6100 nforce 405 is a faulty chip. Find a replacement PCI Express graphic card install it. Boot up the machine probably takes a million attempts but eventually got there, ensure the new card installs the driver, then disable the NVDIA Geforce 6100 nforce 405 and bingo - working unit :)

Advertisements

crazykidsdsl

crazykidsdsl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The issue lies with the faulty graphic card chip built into the motherboard - NVDIA Geforce 6100 nforce 405.

Install a compatible PCI Express graphic card, boot the machine up - ensure the driver is installed for the new card. Disable the NVDIA Geforce 6100 driver.

My issue was exactly has you describe. I also tried changing power unit, harddrive, cmos battry. Reseating the heatsink, flashing the BIOS nothing worked - then found out about batch of dodgy NVDIA Geforce 6100 chips. Changed the graphic card and bingo - PC working.