Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME Folder Pane is missing

• Please log in to reply

pcimaging

pcimaging

• Pip
  • 2 posts
A friend has a Windows ME OS installed on his PC. His folder pane view will not display. I have gone up to the View options and selected Folders and all I get is a blank area there with an X in the upper right hand corner. I suspect a missing system file but have no idea where to look or what to look for to replace. I want to try to fix this without reinstalling Windows ME. He has a Gateway and it came with a restore disk which only allows a complete install whereas it overwrites the existing files. Yuk huh. Any ideas? :tazz: Thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try a repair of internet explorer in control panel > add/remove software (i know, i know, you said explorer, but they use the same componants)