Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Add More Components to Power Supply

• Please log in to reply

Ramune

Ramune

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

I'm working on a school project and it's going to get very hot and I want to cool it. My idea was to use 80mm case fans and power them using an extra PSU I have lying around.I want to run eight case fans off this one power supply but I believe there are not that many connectors available on my PSU (I'm unable to check at the moment).

I believe it is a 200 watt power supply so it will be able to power eight fans, I just don't know if I'll be able to connect them all.

Is it possible to add more connectors to a power supply than the default amount?

Thanks!
Ramune

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You can add adapters easy enough. Fans don't use much power so you might even be able to avoid having the 2nd PSU altogether.

Also some fans will allow you to daisy chain them allowing you to use only one PSU connection.

Sounds like fun, be sure to ask any more questions and post up pics if you take any.

What exactly are you doing, like measuring before and after temps or something?

Troy