I don't know anything about computers, so I need you guys to help me.
A) When I go to "My Computer" - The CDRW/DVD drive is GONE. Its no longer there...
B) When I go to "remove hardware" there is a yellow "!" next to "SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B/T900" ...
C) When I want to "add this hardware" using the "add hardware" in START, I get:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
D) A friend of mine who build this piece of junk got me a program; This is the read file:
"¢À How to upgrade firmware ¢À
1. Download the attached "Bin file(firmware)" and "Sfdnwin.exe file(download
program)" into a temporary folder.
2. When you run "Sfdnwin.exe", Pop-up window will appear. you can see your ROM-
drive(s) in the Pop-up window.
Then choose the drive whose firmware you want to upgrade.
ex)Drive:SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B/T900
3. You will see three icons on the top from left.
If you click the first icon from left, you can see "Investigation window" then open
the firmware file that you already downloaded to the temporary folder.
4. You will see the message" Ready" after finding the firmware file that you want.
Then click the middle icon on the top of left. Then your firmware will be upgraded
5. When you finish upgrading firmware , reboot your pc automatically.
¡ØSfdnwin.exe : A program which can make your drive download our firmware(s) in Windows.
(It's for only Windows) "
"When you run "Sfdnwin.exe", Pop-up window will appear. you can see your ROM-
drive(s) in the Pop-up window." ======== DOES NOT HAPPEN!
There are no Rom drives in the pop-up window, so I can't do anything.
So this is where I am today (can't read my movies... can't play my games)