Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone familer with Content management systems (CMS)

• Please log in to reply

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Anyone familiar with Joomla? I was wondering if I could get some tips on making a successful Joomla site. Like what plug-ins, modules or components I should use.
I would like to finally open my site up by December, I've been working on it since May..

Also, is anyone using other CMS and is your site successful with them? and what kind of site did you or are you making?

Edited by Finding.Replacing, 29 November 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I've been very pleased with Concrete5 (open source) because it's easy to admin and relatively simple (and foolproof) to teach my clients to do their own updates. There are a lot of plug-ins and themes available of you look around. I'm not saying it's "beeter" than Joomla, just that I've used C5 quite a bit, and am pleased.
Johanna

Finding.Replacing

Finding.Replacing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I think I've tried that and liked it, but I couldn't get it to work right for some reason.