Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijacked crazy computer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi halleyscomet,

It is always good idea to backup your data. We will not format your PC. I need Windows XP SP2 disk to try to repair your system. Sometimes user accounts get corrupted due to driver error, system error or malware.

Advertisements

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi Maliprog. Sorry it's been a few days. I looked everywhere, don't have my XP disc. I have home edition and the only one I can get is XP office edition. I will look for my original when I go to my parents for the holiday, but that is a few weeks away, is there anything else we can do or any way I can burn a copy of that disc from somewhere online?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi halleyscomet,

I really think that some of your system files are messed up and we need to repair it. Let's try to find out som emore info before you find your disc:

Please click here to download AVP Tool by Kaspersky.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Reboot your computer into SafeMode.
    You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears.
    Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter
  • Double click the setup file to run it.
  • Click Next to continue.
  • It will by default install it to your desktop folder.Click Next.
  • Hit ok at the prompt for scanning in Safe Mode.
  • It will then open a box There will be a tab that says Automatic scan.
  • Under Automatic scan make sure these are checked.
  • System Memory
  • Startup Objects
  • Disk Boot Sectors.
  • My Computer.
  • Also any other drives (Removable that you may have)

After that click on Security level then choose Customize then click on the tab that says Heuristic Analyzer then choose Enable Deep rootkit search then choose ok.
Then choose OK again then you are back to the main screen.

• Then click on Scan at the to right hand Corner.
  • It will automatically Neutralize any objects found.
  • If some objects are left un-neutralized then click the button that says Neutralize all
  • If it says it cannot be Neutralized then chooose The delete option when prompted.
  • After that is done click on the reports button at the bottom and save it to file name it Kas.
  • Save it somewhere convenient like your desktop and just post only the detected Virus\malware in the report it will be at the very top under Detected post those results in your next reply.

Note: This tool will self uninstall when you close it so please save the log before closing it.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :D

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi halleyscomet,

Please try to download AVP and scan your system. After this please post log for me.

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I had tried several times last night. It would not downlad. I tried to click the link for if "the download does not start automatically" too and it did not work. I am not sure if it is because of a virus or if it is because of some error on kapersky's end. It kept ending up on a blank page on the internet saying "page not found" as I recall. I will try again tonight when I get home.

Happy Holidays and thanks for your help Maliprog!

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Let's try another tool....

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and click Scan to run express scan. Click OK in pop-up window to allow scan.
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, select Complete scan.
  • Complete scan sometimes takes up to 3 hours to finish so please be patient.
  • Click the green arrow Posted Image at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click Yes to all if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, in the menu, click File and choose Save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • Copy and paste that log in the next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.

NOTE. During the scan, pop-up window will open asking for full version purchase. Simply close the window by clicking on X in upper right corner.

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hey friend. I tried twice, will try again tomorrow. Dr. Web Scanner downloaded ok in safe mode, seemed to be working fine, but both times 3/4 through scan it just stops. On bottom it stopped on same thing:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdudf_xp.sys

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi halleyscomet and Happy New Year!

Because your logs are clean and there is no sign of malware I think that you have problem with your system. Please open topic Here. Write down that you were sent from Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal topic and give them link to this topic. They will help you with repairing your system.

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
ok, thanks for your help Maliprog to this point! I'll let you know result from there! Happy Newe Year!

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :D

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.