Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sytem Restore

• Please log in to reply

sescalante53

sescalante53

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am unable to do a system restore. Every time I go to system restore the screen stays blank and nothing shows. I have been having trouble with my computer eversince I installed the SBC yahoo DSL self install kit. I also have not been able to use search on my computer and several other options including accessing hotmail.com. I don't know what is going on and I just want to get the computer working properly again. The main thing I have anissue right now, though, is the system restore and the fact that it is just blank. I also don't have the Windows XP CD with me. Can anyone out there help me? : :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try downloading the following, installing and rebooting

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

sescalante53

sescalante53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for responding!

I tried running the link you sent and everything was fine untill this part:

Validate Windows Using HTA
It appears that your Web browser is not configured to run the components or scripts required by the genuine Windows validation process. Let's try validating a different way: click Continue below to run a genuine Windows validation application. When prompted, click Open or Run this program from its current location.

I tried to click continue and the next screen just stayed blank.

What do I do now?
Can you still help?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.iis-resou...wcat.php?cid=39

see if you can get it from there

click Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP

sescalante53

sescalante53

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey Thanks,

I was able to download and install the info you gave me with the 2nd link. My computer seems to be working properly now. I really appreciate all your help.

Thanks You very much! :tazz: