Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What exactly Visio is? And how can it help managers?

• Please log in to reply

Kalven

Kalven

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new to diagramming and flowchart. While doing research I came across this application known as Visio and I am curious to know what exactly it is and how it helps to managers and IT professional.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
visio is microsoft's diagram, flowchart, floorplan, etc... design software. you can do anything from network layouts, to building diagrams, to flow charts. it's pretty simple and can be used to do whatever diagraming you need. it has limitations but for most people it's effective

Mythio

Mythio

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi Kalven,

Besides being good for diagrams and designs, I've found Visio to also be effective to create explanatory images accompanying difficult new concepts or large pieces of text.
These images can then be added to word, PDF or similar document types (There are options in Microsoft Word to make images and small diagrams to clarify ideas, but I found Visio to be easier and have more helpful functions for this).

Hope to help,

Mythio

smithjessica

smithjessica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I agree to both the above points and also would like to add to it that it also helps in sharing complex diagrams on web. For you knowledge Visio has come-up with its new version Visio 2010. Visio is helpful in many areas. For managers it helps in assets management, project planning, capacity plannings and for IT Professionals MS Visio helps to identify and implement new ways of providing IT services that enhance efficiency, reliability, security, compliance, teamwork, ROI, and customer service.