Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

laptop power jack

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello. I tried to unsolder a power jack from an old laptop and solder in a new one. When I plug it in the battery charge light comes on, but when I push power the battery light goes off and the wifi light blinks and thats it. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Sounds like something's not connected quite right ... or something got shorted out|zapped. :D

Without being able to see it, (and test it with a multimeter), that's about all I can offer.

Edited by SpywareDr, 02 December 2010 - 05:05 AM.

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
And without a service manual or schematic to reference, we cannot tell how it should be wired either. You need to take it to a shop and hope no permanent damage has been done.