Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't connect to internet

• Please log in to reply

cooldaisy91

cooldaisy91

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an acer laptop and I have a router. My Internet has worked fine for about a year or so and now my laptop will connect to the Internet but it won't pull up any browsers but I can get full access to the Internet on my iPod touch! Please help

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Can the Acer laptop open a browser in "Safe Mode with Networking"?

Start your computer in safe mode
http://windows.micro...er-in-safe-mode

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
http://windows.micro...uding-safe-mode

By "open" I don't mean the ability to connect to the internet and surf the web ... simply the ability to launch/run/pull up a browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox).

cooldaisy91

cooldaisy91

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes it will pull up the browser in safe mode...I've ran alot of tests on it and it still won't work I'm doing a system scan now

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Have you tried using Windows' "System Restore" to return Windows to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly.

Dana8890

Dana8890

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im having the same problem but I cant system restore back to a time when it wasnt doing this is there anything else I can do?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Sorry Dana8890 but this is cooldaisy91's thread. To keep from confusing the issue, can you please start your own?