Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yellow Warning Sign in Systray + Cannot Shutdown

• Please log in to reply

lawa001

lawa001

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Also, I can't shutdown my computer for some reason. When I press Alt+F4 at the desktop, and I choose shutdown, nothing happens. All the windows stay as-is, and nothing happens. I tried click Start>shutdown, but the same results persist. I even trued pressing the actual power buttong, but again, that proved unsuccesful.

However, I do not want to try to force shutdown or pull the plug, because I have not made back up files...

One last minor, but annoying problem. I am using a standard QWERTY keyboard, except with a few additional buttons like 'Launch Help', 'Increase/Decrease/Mute Volume' etc. Recently, when I press these buttons (such as sleep mode), nothing happens, and nothing shows up on my monitor either. All the buttons are dead like this (like eject drive one/two/play song/stop etc), except the volume buttons, which work but do not show up on my monitor.

Oh, and I have run two antiviruss programs. Windows Security Essentials and MBAM. Both came up clean.

Any insight/help on this?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------
Edit: Okay, the yellow triangle seems to have disappeared for the time being, although I haven't done anything. :/

2 problems remain:

Computer won't shutdown
Part of keyboard doesn't work.

One more, but I'm not really too sure.

Occasionally, the computer will offer optional updates, which is very normal. However, when I click them, they usually popup, prompting me for a password and if I want to install or not, which is also normal. However, the time it takes for the screen to go to the popup is isanely long, ranging from 1 second to 10 minutes...

Edited by lawa001, 04 December 2010 - 06:34 PM.

Advertisements