Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor shuts down

• Please log in to reply

jam22251

jam22251

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell inspirion 530 that is a little over 2years old. AFter turning on the computer and using it for and hour or so i get the meesage "Auto detect: analog signal" and the monitor shuts down. You can turn it back on and it shuts down again immediately. No information is lost and the computer works fine. Sometimes after 10 minutes or so after turning the monitor on & off it stays on but eventually shuts down.
I usually need to turn off the computer for several hours before being able to use again. Any ideas?

Advertisements

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
HI I am not one of the volunteers and most certainly not an expert BUT having gone thru something similar I would recommend that you speak with the folks that have your extended warranty. We went through 5 new monitors before finally getting a monitor that worked. A few occasions, the monitor di not even work for 10 minutes after install. the solution was directly from Dell via the warranty folks with the year newer version of the same model no.

Needless to say, we looked for other solutions before going that route and it proved to have been a waste of time.

I hope this will save you a lot of weeks of frustration.