Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ISO Hardware wiz!

• Please log in to reply

ms_crowley

ms_crowley

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ISO Hardware wiz!

I hate to admit my need on matters like these...but I’m just a stoopid girlie girl ;o)

I’m a pretty “hands on” puter person; I’ve got a few of them all more or less rebuilt, altered and so on, and so on.

Among the stuff laying around collecting cat hair I have what used to be a “SCALEO PA 2663” (AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core, AMD690VM-FM motherboard)

Well that’s about what’s left of the original FS, in many ways annoying package.

Today the plan was to put it in some kind of working order...said and done...I went to work. Very simple just to wake this “Frankenstein from the dead”...or... that was my plan

A fresh Samsung SATA HD, nice enough ATI graphics, simple DVD rom and card reader, a few extra fans due to the fact it’s housed in a awful case designed to send techs into psychosis...

This was some hours ago and since then I’ve been pulling my hair and now I have no temper left to lose : o(
Didn’t even get power!!! Nothing! After cursing, working and hating every single jumper and connector I got a freaking Zombie staring at me with his black screen with no signal what so ever.

Nothing wrong with the HD graphics, tried 3 alternatives *deep sigh* (Yes, RAM and HD(s) are also double/triple checked)
Fans are now working and HD mumbles like a comatose train wreck. (Darn, I’m annoyed!)

DVD and card reader are clinically brain-dead. Reads NOTHING! That sux since I had to reset the BIOS to get this far into my puter [bleep].

I’m a diehard XP operator but today was going to be the day, I had plans on putting “7” on this 64bit sys *joyless laugh*. I would dance with joy If I could get freakin “Vista Home” visible by now...and I really detest all thing Vista ;o)

I’ve read 1000 bad ideas on the subject, I’m exhausted and my self-esteem’s contemplating hara-kiri....

...I turn to You in my shame ohmy2.gif)
Any creative inputs? Don’t judge me too hard...after all...I’m just a girl ;o)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Can you get into the BIOS/CMOS Setup?

If so, is the hard drive identified correctly?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS back to factory defaults?

ms_crowley

ms_crowley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sweetie, I wish my problems were as simple as that ;o)

But many thanx for your effort :D)

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you are sincerely seeking free remote help, I'm afraid the only way it is going to work is if you can answer simple questions. (We cannot see your computer from here).