Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive data copy

• Please log in to reply

thelonepiper

thelonepiper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i need help copying an file from this hard drive "seagate barracuda 7200.9"

Posted Image
Posted Image

to the one in my computer "western digital wd800 " dose any one know a good way to do this or guide for doing this.the only guides i found were about external hard drives.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
The Seagate disk, based on a quick web search, appears to be a SATA drive. The Western Digital appears to be an EIDE (Parallel ATA).

You would need both a SATA controlled and a EIDE controller in the same machine. One way to accomplish that is to buy an external case to put one of the disks in. There is also a test device which allows you connect a drive for testing, for example:

http://techgage.com/..._to_usb_adapter

If your computer does not have both controllers, you could also buy a controller for it, but personally I think an external case is more useful since you can use it for backups.