Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop overheating maybe

• Please log in to reply

snoops palace

snoops palace

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok I ordered it, but there is something else on my mind. I was talking with my friend and he think it is more of a hardware problem UNLESS, some windows files were corrupted which is why when the status bar comes up and begin you know the status of the computer and the files and something could have been corrupted which is why it dies and I get the same exact blue screen at the exact time when the status bar begins. Either that, they thought it could it be either my harddrive is toast or my ram is toast. They said that I could try to just reinstall windows without having to reformat. Note* My friends are pretty credible, one works for Microsoft and one can cuild computers.

Advertisements

Rockster2U

Rockster2U

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 327 posts

My friends are pretty credible, one works for Microsoft and one can cuild computers.

I'm not going to dispute what your friends have told you. Let me see if I can summarize what your/their collective wisdom is - Its either a hardware problem or its a software problem - that sure makes sense to me.

Now, I'll repost my assessment from a couple of days ago.

There is a whole lot more that I would like to know before I'm going to try to peg what ails you. We're going to need to discuss your file downloading and bunch of software related and system related issues too but if you've had problems in the past with ventilation and heat as you have led us to believe then it makes sense to start by fixing that first. Key word here is START.

Regards,
;)

Note: I think you're onto something here. Perhaps it would be best to solicit a little help from your friends. You've got a hardware guy who can install your new fan and troubleshoot the rest of your system and a software guy that can make it all run. Let us know how you made out when its done. Thanks ...... :tazz: