Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Slowing my Office Network/Internet [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rednil

rednil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I know I am supposed to post my logs right away, but i wanted to ask first....

I called our ISP [ COX Communications ] yesterday, because our bandwith is suuuuuuuuuuper bad. We have a high speed business connection, 256k no cap limit, but we're running at about 33.6k via a test from here. He tested our modem by pinging it with and without the network cable attached, and came to the conclusion that there is something on one or more of our machines eatting up a bunch of traffic. He mentioned that it's usually a mail virus or adware.

So my question is...how do i go about posting my logs for 6 machines on these forums? I swear by you guys, and I know you could help.

Thanks

Matt Linder
Omaha, NE

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Are you sure it's malware? Have to ask that again because if all 6 machines experience this, I would also think that the internet connection itself could be a problem.

Any of the machines catching a virus/trojan? Any slowdown in performance on any of the 6 machines? Would it run faster if only one computer was connected?

You said 256k? That's actually not that fast, especially if you are sharing it among 6 computers. 256k is ISDN I think. Get DSL or cable instead for faster speeds since you are using it for 6 computers.

If any of the computers are experiencing other problems, then post the HijackThis log for that one. Not sure if we should have 6 logs here, so just give us one.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.