Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spare parts into Shuttle - will they fit?

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I have an old Gaming PC from a few years ago (still not a bad spec, especially with an over-clock) that I'd like to use as a basic server/download hub.

However I'd rather not have it cluttering up my desk space.

I have an old Shuttle somewhere in the attic and so wondered if I could fit the innards of the PC to the shuttle case.

The Mobo of the PC is 35mm x 24mm - would this fit within the Shuttle? Would I need to ram the PSU in or would a shuttle PSU manage a normal Mobo?

Obviously I won't be needing a GFX card or Disc drive etc so a simple set-up of CPU, RAM and 2/3HDDs (Yes some may need to be mounted externally due to space...)

Will it fit? Or is there a small (and cheap) alternative of a smaller sized PC case (I have a regular sized case at the moment that has a lot of space in it!)

Advertisements

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Oh and a network card may be useful (think this is built in anyway)