Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox vs IE8

• Please log in to reply

mbendle

mbendle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm thinking about switching my default browser to Firefox. If I do, should I remove IE8? Will having IE8 on my computer leave me vulnerable, like having old Java versions seems to do?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

should I remove IE8?

Nope

Will having IE8 on my computer leave me vulnerable

Only if you don't keep up on the Windows updates

like having old Java versions seems to do

Different program and you should have Sun Java Updater already installed that keeps you up to date. If not we can help with this.
;) ;) ;) :D

tazz123

tazz123

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
yp if you decide to use Firefox and going to make it default browser then i dont think you dont have any more need of IE... cause IE really tease me when i was using it.. now i flushed it out of my computer.. FIREFOX ROX..

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -
Please use the advice from rshaffer61 - Having 2 browsers has saved me a few times, and I use IE8 along with ORCA, (F/Fox offshoot) -
When you cannot access the internet, due to problems with one, the other is always very handy to have -
I always ran Safari as my second browser, but found ORCA easier to use -

Thank You -