Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer slowness with certain things.

• Please log in to reply

Dennis89

Dennis89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Last night I was trying to extract a movie to my desktop and delete some old files and stuff.. I'd delete the stuff and it would go into the recycling bin.. but it would still be on my desktop. But if I opened the Recycling bin it would also be in there, If I tried to open the file on my desktop it would say that its not there.. Moving any file to a different folder the same thing happens. Figured I might have a virus or some malware tried to open up spy bot search and destroy and it took about 5 minutes to open.. I checked in the task manager and it said it was open in the processes but took forever to actually pop up on the screen. But yet when I try to open Call of Duty 4 or any other game it opens fast and works fine.. I really don't know whats going on. Even a 60 second quick scan with bit defender takes like 20 minutes. Anyone have any ideas? If you guys need some more information I'd be more then happy to provide it. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks a lot! :D

Edit: Now I'm trying to open up a video file and its not popping up on my screen but when I check my Processes it says its open.. Can someone please help me?
-Dennis

Edited by Dennis89, 12 December 2010 - 05:37 PM.

Advertisements