Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sync. Out Of Range error right after boot up

• Please log in to reply

dalmation716

dalmation716

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi. i having a hard time to fix my sync out of range error. i found way to fix it but i have to go into the boot menu by the F8 button. but i cant get to it. my pc just power on right to the error. no bios menu. someone help

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -
This error is usually caused by your video card not being able to handle a program on your machine - My system would often freeze and require a restart when I opened a Pool/Snooker game or I had the "jitters" while playing Bejewelled 2 game -
Just as a check , please copy and paste this code below into your Run Box (or press Windows key + R for the box to open) , then click OK - Close all open programs and the harmless code will reboot your system after 30 seconds and run a full 5 stage Disk Check - This can take from 30 to 45 mins and will attempt to repair any basic disk problems -
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30
Thank You -

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Because you probably can’t make settings changes from within regular Windows (due to the error), you’ll need to reboot into Windows Safe Mode.

When you restart the system, there is a point during boot up when the system switches from reporting diagnostics and detected components to loading Windows. This point is usually accompanied by a beep and the screen going black. Just before this point, you want to start repeatedly hitting the F8 key. This should bring up a menu of Windows boot options. The one you want to pick is Safe Mode.

From Safe Mode, right-click the Desktop and select Properties. Go to the Settings tab and use the slider to drop your resolution a notch or two. Reboot and let Windows try to go into Normal mode. If this still doesn’t work, go back into Safe Mode and get to the Settings tab of Display Properties. Click the Advanced button, go to the Monitor tab, and check your refresh rate. The lowest advisable rate is usually 60Hz, although this works better for LCD (liquid-crystal display) screens than CRTs (cathode ray tubes). Apply the change and reboot.