Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen stop error code

• Please log in to reply

TMania

TMania

• Pip
  • 3 posts
so, my fiancee has an e-mashine T-3504, this pc is about 4 years old Id say, anyhow, she tried to play an online mmorpg game called 9Dragons, sometimes the pc connects to the game, then usually ends up blue screening. I contacted Driverbooster, to replace out dated or needed drivers, unfortunately the drivers they had or suggested did not install, or were not compatable. I tried to play 9D on her system in order to try to get the bluescreen. Here was the stop code I received.....
Stop 0x000000c5 (0x0000001,0x0000002,0x0000001,0x80544683)

I tried to locate this stop code on your blue screen error section without any luck. I may not be a pc geek.:D but im familiar with some of this stuff like driver uninstall, install, bios, ect ect just not the numbers lingo. I would greatly appreciate any assistance as to what that code means and how to fix it, my fiancee is getting aggravated with the constand blue screen. Thanks

P.S. Last question, how would you find out if your system is 32 or 64 bit ? and is there a way to change that ? or check it to b the right bit's ? Thanks

Edited by TMania, 14 December 2010 - 08:25 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello TMania.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :D
;) ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

Lets go through one issue at a time. First what the error code means.

0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

As you suspected a faulty driver.
Going through Device manger and right click on the video driver. Then tell it to rollback the driver. This will get everything back to where it was to start.

how would you find out if your system is 32 or 64 bit

Method 1: View System Properties in Control Panel

1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. Type sysdm.cpl and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
For a 32-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.
Note Year is a placeholder for a year.

Method 2: View System Information window
  • 1. Click Start and then click Run.
    2. Type winmsd.exe and then click OK.
    3. When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, locate Processor under Item in the details pane. Note the Value.
  • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with x86, the computer is running a 32-bit version of Windows.
  • If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with ia64 or AMD64, the computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows.

Once you have the type of OS we can continue from there. If you don't know how to rollback the driver let me know and I will help you with that.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
On the Auhma stop error code page it says this.

0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

You do know that 9 dragons has it's own forum, right?

http://9dragonsforum.com

They may be able to help you there.

It seems like your computer is really too old to run the newer software of 9 dragons. You have to remember that to keep the game interesting it has to be run at a pretty fast pace. So they revamp the drivers for the newer faster computers. Now the older computers are left behind simply because they really can't keep up. Software can only do so much with old hardware. I personally build myself a new computer every six months just to keep up with some of the new games. I never pay any attention to minimum requirements needed to play any game. Your just gonna get beat from the getgo by doing that. I don't even have any old computers that has less than a Nvidia 9800 card in it. Most have the GTX series cards now. If you don't have at least 512 MB of video memory your not really playing anything but kiddy games. Trying not to be mean but you have to be realistic about games, especially on-line games. They take real graphics power and a very good internet connection to play well.

SRX660

TMania

TMania

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks rshaffer61, I appreciate the warm welcome, and definately appreciate your time replying to my post when you could be doing something totally different.

Quote: 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)

Ok, you stated I should try to roll back the video card driver, above in the quote it says check any recently installed software, example...Logitech webcam which also has drivers, should I try rolling back video driver then after I blue screen, uninstall webcam ? basically elimination process ?

2nd part, I did find my processor, and it is 32 bit so I appreciate that, and I thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah I would look at the minimum stats as Skeptic pointed out. We might just be beating a dead horse here if the system doesn't even meet those.
Other then 9Dragons does the system work fine?
If so I believe Skeptic has hit the nail on the head with this one.

TMania

TMania

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im wondering if I correctly disabled the onboard videocard, which is an ATI Radeon xpress 200, that card had 125mb's which I added a couple of memory sticks to upgrade memory, and installed a new vidcard, GForce Galaxy 210 which has 1gb DDR2.

SRX, thanks, and your info was not takin as mean or such, your the pro, I just wanted to see why I had that screen, I was able to run 9Dragons very good on that pc, but it seems after acclaim sold it to G1 weve been receiving blue screen.:D

I remember seeing while the blue screen was up to run a driver verifier, is that a program ? do I have this on my pc, if so where and how to get to it, or what can I do in order to test drivers. Reason being, I have removed the latest software + drivers, and it still is blue screening. I was not able to roll back the video driver, Id prefer to disable the onboard card and install the Galaxy which I had previousely installed.

Thanks guys, thanks alot for all the help

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Driver Verifier
Make sure you get the right one for your OS :D