Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I save favorites from any internet browser?

• Please log in to reply

atrandom

atrandom

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi. Sometimes I've had to reformat my comp and of course everything is erased. In the past I knew how to save html file favorites from Firefox and IE to a folder so that when the reformat was over I could dbl click them and re add them to favorites.

I have since forgotten where to go to do this. Which folder do you access for any web browser (I am currently using IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera sporadically. I might try Avant at some point too) to get to the actual favorite file? That way I can copy it to my external drive and once I reinstall the browser readd it to favorites. Please let me know how to do this as in the past I lost some very important favorites my mom had added in Mozilla.

Thanks. :D

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All browsers store favourites in different places.
There is no one single place.

As far as IE is concerned there is a Favourites folder in the profile folder, C:\Users\<user name>\ for Vista, and Documents and Settings for XP.
Firefox uses its own profile location which, theoretically, can exist anywhere you want on the drive.