Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Questions

• Please log in to reply

LilDude772

LilDude772

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Welp, as the Descript. states,

The modem my family use to have was changed to a..supposedly better one, by a Qwest (The peps our connection is off of) technician.

However, and we use to before the new modem, we can't access the Modem Cfg for some reason, as if the techy changed the login details..

I've already tried contacting Qwest via Live Chat support, whom transferred me to Tech. Support, but that never worked out since they never answered the bloody call or w/e it is. :D

I have yet to call them about it since the last couple of times I've called any company at all all I got was a automated-message person, if you know what I mean, so I have doubts of wanting to call anyone for the moment.

What I was wondering is if there's a way we could reset the login details so we can have access to OUR modem.

The 2nd thing is: Do any of you know of a way to improve a wireless network? Not really sure how this works, but any help on making a wireless network better would be appreciated.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention with the first topic in this, is that within the past week the modems' connection has been somewhat...lacking, I suppose. It works fine most of the time, but from time to time our computers can't find the connection until after we reset the modem..

Edited by LilDude772, 15 December 2010 - 09:47 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
1) It [i]may[/b] be 'your' modem, but, it may be of the type that does not require, or allow, any end-user reconfiguration. If it is this type and you do manage to reset/reconfigure it, you will probably end up with "no 'net". :D <-gasp!-> ;)

If you can give us the make and model number of the modem Google may be able to help find a way to get into it ... and/or totally hose your internet access.

2) Antenna(s)