Welcome to Geekstogo. My name is Salagubang and I'll be helping you with this problem.
I am still a trainee so all my posts will be checked by an Expert
. It's your advantage that there are two people looking at your log but responses may be a little delayed so please be patient.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you
- English is not my first language, so please do not use slang or idioms, as this makes it difficult to understand for me.
Hi lets try this first, if it fails go to Plan B. Note: If using Firefox right-click on any download links and choose Save As
Please download OTH
to your desktop
Please download OTL
to your desktop
Please download the attached file Scan.txt
to your desktop
Double click the OTH file to run it and click Kill All Processes
, your desktop will go blank.
Then select Start OTL
. OTL will now run
- Double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
Select Scan.txt that you downloaded
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Click the Internet Explorer button, post these logs in your Virus Removal topic.
Download Rkill from here : there are several flavours to choose from, if one does not work then try the next * rkill.com * rkill.scr* rkill.pif
Once it is downloaded, double-click on rkill
in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Security Central and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Central when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Central . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of my instructions.
Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
Then run OTL as above
Note: If you can't still run the scans above, please try doing them on safe mode.