Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft 2007 and 2010 side by side

• Please log in to reply

yobraniac

yobraniac

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I installed Microsoft 2010 without writing over my 2007 version (I need both for work). They both work fine except for one small problem. Whenever I open either the Word 2007 or the Word 2010 they go through a configuration process before opening. When I opened Excel and PowerPoint both versions either at the same time or just one open at a time this didn't happen. Then I tried Access, just opening the 2007 version and it went through the configuration process before letting me use it also. Is there a way to stop them from configuring every time I open them? I don't know why only some of the office suite opens with no problem but the other one always configure. I'm stumped.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Don't know exactly, but I suspect there are shared files and Registry Keys which is causing this. Thought all versions of Office Suite, no matter the year, were somewhat compatible with each other as long as you saved files for the specific year program you use. I always just update to latest (2010 or just 2007) and then it will open 2003 and save 2003 formatted files. Never seem to have a conflict doing it that way.