Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharing e-mails on LAN

• Please log in to reply

AgedNovice

AgedNovice

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have a desktop PC running MS Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2 and a laptop using MS XP Professional with SP3. The PC uses Windows Mail and the laptop Outlook Express. I want to download e-mails on either m/c and access it from the mail program on each m/c. (ie, e-mails downloaded onto the laptop should also appear in the inbox of the PC and vice versa). Is this possible, and if so how?

Best wishes

Tony Holland

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
In the properties of the mail connection (Tools -> Accounts for Outlook Express and similar for Windows Mail) there is an option to Leave Mail on Server. Tick that on both machines.

AgedNovice

AgedNovice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Many thanks Neil; problem solved!

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and a successful New Year

Tony Holland

AgedNovice

AgedNovice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have a follow up query; how can I do the same thing with the sent items folders?

Best wishes

Tony Holland