Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help Choose Video Card

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi,

I am ordering new Dell system.

Processor : Intel i-7 ( 2.93 GHz )

RAM 8 GB DDR3

I will be using TV as my Monitor.

I am also getting a TV Tuner Card with it.

I want to watch High Definition Movies too.

Which Video Card should I choose from following options ? OR will it make any difference if I choose the first one ?

It says ATI Raedeon HD5770. Does it mean High Definition video ? Should I choose that to Watch High Definition Content ?

1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT220 [Included in Price]
1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 240 [add Rs.3,143.55]
ATI® Radeon™ HD5770 1GB [add Rs.5,239.25]
1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 [add Rs.11,526.35]

Thank You

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Which Video Card should I choose from following options ? OR will it make any difference if I choose the first one ?

Compare the specs, performance and reviews of choice numbers 1 and 4 on your list (examples only, different brand details vary);
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127534
http://www.newegg.co...4-090-_-Product
You can see the vast difference in all aspects and this is reflected in the cost of the two cards.

It says ATI Raedeon HD5770. Does it mean High Definition video

High Definition display, graphics not only video, remember it means the card is HD capable, if the screen is not HD an older CRT monitor for example then the video playback will only be as good as the monitor can produce, LCD would be better, ultimately your display should have a HDMI port for best results.
Two things to consider before deciding on which card to upgrade to 1: Will the new card fit inside my case and 2: Will my PSU need to be upgraded to power the card.