Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation Repeatedly Fails when "Registering iTunes Automation

• Please log in to reply

xlaurawrrr

xlaurawrrr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The title for this post is supposed to read "Registering iTunes Automation Server"... sorry! I'm new to this website.

I've had problems installing iTunes for the past month, and I feel as if I've tried everything to get the program to work. I've taken all of the suggestions on the Apple website, along with anything that I could find online that didn't involve messing with the MSCONFIG. I'm no computer expert, and the idea of using the command prompt to alter the way my computer starts really scares me... but I'll do it if it's my only option.

On this website, I read a suggestion about installing the program under a different user account, which worked perfectly. The only problem is, the program only works under that user account, and not the account where I have all of my files and music saved. I was hoping to be able to delete the account and make iTunes work on my standard account, and if anyone can help me do this I'd be extremely appreciative.

Thank you in advance for the help :D

Edited by xlaurawrrr, 23 December 2010 - 10:47 PM.

Advertisements