Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen is black

• Please log in to reply

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Well with the gainward i don't get beeps just the first problem....I can't remove the battery....If i take the warranty the gpu won't work properly cause the battery?

Advertisements

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
A ok i cleared the bios but still nothing....The gpu must be burnt for sure

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Yes I agree it does look like the card has died, nothing that you have told us that you have done would void your warranty.

That happened when my brother was playing call of duty 4 and wanted to change the graphic resolution and refresh rate...He did that many times

Graphics cards are designed to allow you to change both the resolution and refresh rate so don`t let anyone tell you the card died because you did this.
What size resolution was your brother trying to achieve? The maximum the card can do is 2560 x 1600 so unless you were trying to go over this you would have no issues unless something else was wrong namely a failing or poor quality PSU, not enough system memory, a CPU that is not fast enough for the game, incorrectly connected or loose monitor lead, the settings on the monitor itself,the incorrect drivers or a faulty GFX card.
The PSU is the 1st thing that needs checking out read Digerati`s canned text on PSUs at the attached link and you will understand why, post #2 is the only thing I am bringing to your attention
http://www.geekstogo...-a-psu-problem/

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
The maximum for my monitor is 1440x(don't remember)..so he couldn't get above it...The warranty is active...I went there today and they told me they will contact with me tomorrow..And he told me the warranty is sure fine.....I will propably buy a quality psu but for the other things don't know what you mean....

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
CPU is more than good for this games...RAM is 4 gb....Properly connected gpu so psu only reason that i can think.....I will buy and let you know

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Great news on the warranty, your other computer specs look good, so that only leaves you were given a faulty GFX card or the PSU, I would try the replacement card and if the resolution is still not correct I would then replace the PSU.
I do only mean try the card once, if it is not functioning correctly shut down and wait until you get the new PSU.
Also even if you get exactly the same replacement GFX card I suggest uninstalling the previous drivers and starting the whole installation procedure from the beginning.
Good luck and we will wait for you to post back.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok...One question what do you mean here??if the resolution is still not correct

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

ok...One question what do you mean here??if the resolution is still not correct

If you do not get a full and proper screen.
Back in post #1 you said;

(The screen was larger than the monitor and he could see half the screen)

You should be able to see a full screen, even if it means adjusting the GFX card
and monitor resolutions in order to be able to do so.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
OK

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
The gpu didn't have any problem....I took it and placed it back to my pc but still the same problem...I went back to the store and checked it to a monitor there and worked fine..And he told me that i must press a button called source on the monitor...But i can't find it i press buttons and nothing happens

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
What is the make and model number of your monitor?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

What is the make and model number of your monitor?

Also can you post your MB details, make, model and any rev number, look by the CPU, between the PCI slots and around the edge of the MB for this information.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Viewsonic VA1916-w
Asus p5k
Can't give you more specific cause my pc is in the service....He told me that he will communicate with me tomorrow to tell me if sth wrong.....He believes that is or MB or PSU

Edited by snooplove, 29 December 2010 - 02:21 PM.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

... he told me that i must press a button called source on the monitor...But i can't find it ...

--

Viewsonic VA1916-w

--

... i can't find it i press buttons and nothing happens

Tell then that the Viewsonic VA1916w does not have a "source option", simply because it only has a single video input port.

More info: http://www.viewsonic...cts/va1916w.htm

--

The manual tells you how to unlock the monitor's buttons.

http://www.viewsonic...ts/024/7598.pdf

Edited by SpywareDr, 30 December 2010 - 04:25 PM.

snooplove

snooplove

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Sorry for not replying for long time but had some problems with pc....Anyway he told me that gpu was off and gave me a new one...Everything works perfect except that when i open cod 4 or cod 6(cod=call of duty) i get an error from directx that had an unrecoverable error and sth else....I don't know what to do....I am running windows 7 and the new gpu is Sapphire hd 5770