Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Can't Connect to Linkshare Sites

• Please log in to reply

bunnybiz

bunnybiz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I used Privacy Guardian and thought I had the Linkshare cookies safe from deleting. I tried to login to Linkshare and get a DNS error. I found I could get in another way using Google but none of the banners or links are working on my computer. I did uninstall Privacy Guardian but I still having the same problem. I work as an affilate for Linkshare. I check on my other computer that has ME and it finds the Linkshare site with the banners showing. No problem. It sounds like Windows XP is blocking the cookies to this site on IE v6. It happens of FireFox also.

How can I get Linkshare site and links working again?

Thank you for your time.

Never mind. I forget that my son wanted Kaaza Lite on the computer. I just searched
through the Host files and find the one the blocked it out the references to my affilate programs. All this trouble over one little file. Gee.. I feel dumb. Funny thing Kaaza Lite is now a membership site. Maybe this will help someone else.

bunnybiz

Edited by bunnybiz, 26 May 2005 - 10:30 PM.

Advertisements