Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restarts directly after win2k f8 screen

• Please log in to reply

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello. I am very new to this, so please bare with me. I have encountered a problem with my startup that is quite agravating.

My computer was running fine for the longest time. But then for some reason(who knows... mabee p0r|\|?[NO!]) My computer froze one time and got the "Blue Screen 'o Death." (phisical dump... etc.). A friend had mentioned to me that it was probably a BIOS issue since i have a 200gig hd that only shows as a 136gig. He has a friend who has gotten screwed this way...

Anyway, I have a ABit-KT7A and so i went and updated the drivers and the bios to abit's "standards," and followed correct procedures.

Before, my computer when started after the f8 screen just gave me a blue screen(sorry, i forgot what it said), but now it just restarts! I can still use safe mode and with networking and all of the other boots(havent tried them but im sure they still work) but when i try to use the normal boot secuence, its a continual restart! I could literaly leave and come back in several hours and it would still look like the powerbutton was just pressed. What shall i do?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you install all the drivers at once or one at a time? At what point, after what driver, did this occur?

The bios flash--did it fix the harddrive problem? Did the error occur after the bios flash, which must have been done separately from the drivers?

Reboot the thing again and give us the error message, or try checking

start > run
eventvwr.msc
enter

look for red Xs in SYSTEM and APPLICATION

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I cant talk untill a while( probably somwhere around monday, mabee before) because of issues, so ill be brief. Thanks, and ill be back.

they were installed at one time.
Im not sure hoow to use flash.
I dont get an error message. it just goes from the f8 screen to as if i just started it up.
I dont have any application errors just about 35 "service control manager" errors.

some are:

The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
No attempts to start the service have been made since the last boot.

The Remote Access Connection Manager service depends on the Telephony service which failed to start because of the following error:
No attempts to start the service have been made since the last boot.

The server {NUMBER} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Thanks

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok i can talk again..! :tazz: ;) ;) !..

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This is what I want you do to do...

right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose STARTUP AND RECOVERY settings button, then uncheck automatically restart.

Now reboot as normal....should see your blue screen...report message

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, I got the message:

** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0x10EB910C, 0x00000000, 0x10EB910C)
KMODE_ECEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If this is the forst time you have seen this messsage, reboot your computer. If it you get this screen again, follow these steps:

Check if you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with hardware vender for any BIOS updates, disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer and press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safemode.

I restarted several times and still got this message. I also have PLENTEY of HD space.
I dont know if this is a driver error.
I'm IN Safemode With Networking.

I really dont get it. ;) But thanks for your patience so far. :tazz:

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
And now my computer jsut restarted again saying:

**STOP: .............................. ................ .. . . .. . ......
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Adress 8046895E Base at 80400000, Date stamp at 42258bd8 -ntoskrnl.exe

Begining Dump of Phsical Memory
What the....... :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
both of those errors are usually associated with hardware issues--if all was working well and they appear after a drive/firmware was installed, it is the driver/firmware.

If it never worked well, it is usually a piece of hardware

If it suddenly starts and you haven't done anything new, it is usually failing hardware.

So, do any of those sound like you?

The fact that it works in safe mode with networking has me leaning toward video.

My first step would be to install either a new driver , or, go back and install an older driver (rollback).

SCmSTR

SCmSTR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: OMG!! ;) I guess that since im in safe mode, it dosnt even detect my card. I downloaded the driver from ATI(9500pro) and so i cant install it.

This is my luck. ;)