Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fast Loading Web Host?

• Please log in to reply

amylenise

amylenise

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone!

Can someone recommend the fastest loading web hosting companies. Trying to move an educational site because it's loading slow on Network Solutions. I am looking at BlueHost.com. Really need feedback fairly quickly so thanks in advance!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You really don't offer much to go on. Shared hosting, VPS, dedicated? Or, some idea of monthly users/page views? Budget?

amylenise

amylenise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks so much for responding! :D I didn't build this site, so bear with me! It's a Wordpress blog with I believe a theme from Elegant Themes (As stated previously, I didn't build it, just consult on it now) that was on a shared hosting plan on Network Solutions, nothing elaborate. They are just starting out, so they have less than 1k views/monthly. But because they have recently noticed the site loading slow, they are now losing their minds and want it moved stat, like yesterday. No e-commerce integrated, and it's a nonprofit, so they probably do not want to exceed $50/mo.

Thanks again sooo much! I sincerely respect your work, service, ethic and longevity over the years!

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Some hosting sites have old servers and, even when the site is optimized for page loading, they are slow. I use BlueHost, but will not directly recommend it or any other host as you need to make sure the WordPress files are not part of the problem. You could check bandwidth speed between your locale and where you might want to host for additional information as slowness can be caused by many factors. Think there are some browser plug-ins to check page loading speeds although those are just general indications. There are also sites that will analyze the site and list problems found. Haven't used NetMechanics, but they are one I know of.

amylenise

amylenise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks so much for the response!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm somewhat uncomfortable giving recommendations given limited information, or even complete information for that matter. However, given your requirements here are a couple of hosts I've had good experience with in the past: http://www.netfirms.com/ and http://www.vps.net/. Netfirms would be the best choice given your requirements, but vps.net should be slightly faster and allow a lot of room for future growth, while fitting within your budget.

Also, a good site to check for information before purchasing any hosting plan is: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

amylenise

amylenise

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I do declare! Thank you so much! Reservations understood, and I will be able to run with this! Not an understatement to say there is no one else I go to or send my friends for help. Through you guys I have outclassed some IT guys over the years! Soooo appreciated!

roslindoll

roslindoll

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone!

Can someone recommend the fastest loading web hosting companies. Trying to move an educational site because it's loading slow on Network Solutions. I am looking at BlueHost.com. Really need feedback fairly quickly so thanks in advance!

I didn't experience with BlueHost.com.You can get fastest loading web hosting service from the provider XnYnZ.com with reliable and affordable service