Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver Download Help!

• Please log in to reply

Snottz

Snottz

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have recently purchased the XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card from newegg.com. On ati.com which brings you too http://sites.amd.com...on_win7-64.aspx once I put my specs in which are Desktop graphics,Radeon HD Series, Radeon 5xxx, Windows 7(64 bit). I get three to choose from that I know I need to download one of. Which one do I download ? AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center or Catalyst Software Suite (64 bit) English Only or AMD Catalyst™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology Edition. I do know that of the 2nd and 3rd I posted, one has a OpenCL driver and other doesn't.

Which one do I download ? :D

Thnx, Snottz ;)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The card should have come with a driver CD. You shouldn't need to download anything.

Snottz

Snottz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
As recommended by everyone with video cards. You want the most recent updated drivers for video cards. The one from the cd is outdated by years when the card first came out. Usually the website, I'm just stuck on which one I need of the downloads they give me.