Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Office 2003 problems

• Please log in to reply

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello there,

I have recently converted from using Outlook from Office 2000 to Outlook from Office 2003. 2000 worked perfectly but after I installed 2003 when I open Outlook I get a message asking for a password to Microsoft LDAP Directory. It has username and server name as NULL and a port number. When I installed Outlook I did not assign any passwords, so I don't know where this is comming from. Also if I click on OK or Cancel Outlook still loads and seems to work perfectly.

This seems to be one of those things that is more of an annoyance then anything but it would be nice to get rid of it.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
In Outlook 2003, click Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Next. Select the LDAP service, click Remove, then click OK.

?

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello SpywareDr,

Thank you so much for that information, worked perfectly.

Thanks again

Paul

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You're more than welcome Paul. Thanks for posting back. :D