Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows stop working. host issues

• Please log in to reply

lilian

lilian

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
my pc has been acting up its always freezing when im on the web, and just recently there was this prompt that came up and i meant to deny it ever since my computer shutsdown and when i tried to start it up.. it said run windows repair but it wouldnt run. it had a blue screen saying stop error. so i managed to to start it again using windows normaly... my microsoft windows solution keeps poping p saying host proccess for windows services has stopped working and was closed.. pls help

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try a System Restore, back to a date when it was working correctly.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi lilian
You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP and if it is provide the model name or series number.
Your system may have a malware issue I suggest you check out the self help guide at the malware forum http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/ if after following the guide you believe your system may still be infected you need to start a new topic there and not post any malware logs on this forum as they are not used here, provide them with a link to this thread to show them what if any steps have been taken.
Once you get the all clear from the malware guys if the issue is not resolved return here and someone will assist you.

and when i tried to start it up.. it said run windows repair but it wouldnt run.

How did you attempt to repair Vista, from the recovery partition on the HDD or Vista Recovery disk such as is available at the attached link http://neosmart.net/...-disc-download/
If you can provide your computers details we can do some research whilst you are checking the system for any malware/virus infection.

lilian

lilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
hi i have service pack 1 installed. i think its a virus its called polladium pro i think.. i cant run the pc anymore when i try in log in the screen turns black and its the virus that pops up acting like a virus remover.. i cant see my programs nothing i think i can only run cmd only... i tried logging out and trying another user and it loggs me off even before i get to the welcome screen.. i cant get internet nothing. im actualy using another pc at the moment..when i try to repair it shutsdown on me.. i dont have a recovery cd at all. when it first popd on i tried to use malwares it wouldnt even open anything i tried it would shut the whole pc now.... now i can run it in safe mode with cmd prompt only. it is an acer extensa 4420, laptop model number:ms2211

Edited by lilian, 04 January 2011 - 04:39 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi lilian, lets see if you have a recovery partition on your hard drive, follow
the details below,
Restore and recovery
The restore and recovery features allow you to restore or recover the system
from a factory default image, from a user created image, or from previously
created CD and DVD backups. You can also reinstall applications and drivers for
your Acer system.
1 Press <Alt> + <F10> or select Acer eRecovery Management from the
Empowering Technology toolbar to start Acer eRecovery Management.
2 Switch to the restore and recovery page by selecting the Restore button.
3 Select the backup point you would like to restore from. You can also
choose to recover the system from a factory default image, recover from a
previously created CD/DVD or reinstall applications and drivers.
4 Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process

polladium pro

This is a brand of projector, is it possible that drivers for one of these got
installed by accident, hence the black screen!

lilian

lilian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
hi i have managed to run my task manager to run malwarebytes..... i manged to delet some infections but the pallaium pro is still on the pc iam actualy using my guest user to run my internet. my adminstrated user is still with palladium pro on it.. help.. ps i dint have a recovery patirtion on my pc....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi lilian, can you first of all confirm what operating system you are using XP or Vista? I ask this because in post #4 you said "i have service pack 1 installed." this led me to believe you have Vista SP1 installed (your profile shows the OS as XP) as support for XP SP1 and SP1a ceased on October 10th 2006 and for XP SP2 on July 13th 2010 but support for Vista SP1 does not end until July 12th 2011, either way updating your OS to the latest SP is vital because of all the fixes and security updates they contain.
As advised in post #3 if your computer is still infected and you cannot resolve the issue yourself you need to start a new topic on the Malware Forum, malware is not dealt with here so we are unable to assist you with that.
You should be able to get rid of palladium pro in the Add or Remove Programmes area of the Control Panel, to do this click Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programmes>Highlight palladium pro and remove it.
Once you get the all clear from the malware guys come back here if the issue is not resolved, if it is resolved I would make updating to the latest SP the priority if you do not do it now.