Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

xnay

xnay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello people :(

I didnt forget about us :D just took me the incubation time ;)

The computer has been running good since last reply and no BSOD appeared! ;) I still live in fear therefore I am saving my work every few minutes. ;)

Summa summarum:
- i have no anti virus protection; just router firewall
- mozilla firefox is still pumping up the usage of ram over 200 after i surf the youtube, use google talk application... for the full stop and restart of the browser i must do the ctrl+alt+del -> End task
- the system is running smoother
- NO BSOD

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

i have no anti virus protection; just router firewall

Bad move. You need to have a AV installed and working and there are free ones that won't be so stressful on the system like some of the name brand ones and do just as good if not better at protecting your system.

mozilla firefox is still pumping up the usage of ram over 200 after i surf the youtube, use google talk application... for the full stop and restart of the browser i must do the ctrl+alt+del -> End task

Remember if you have dsl or cable internet it is always connected. When you close the browser normally does the amount of ram usage go down at all?

- the system is running smoother
- NO BSOD

Great to hear as this accomplishes something.

xnay

xnay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Bad move. You need to have a AV installed and working and there are free ones that won't be so stressful on the system like some of the name brand ones and do just as good if not better at protecting your system.

I have installed nod32 after your warning ;)

Remember if you have dsl or cable internet it is always connected. When you close the browser normally does the amount of ram usage go down at all?

I have used your colleagues hints about reducing RAM usage for Mozilla Firefox and now is 160-180 [less than usual]. When I close the browser normally the ram usage stays the same as nothing happened[closed program x].

Great to hear as this accomplishes something.

:D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Any more BSOD's happening or is the system running correctly now?

xnay

xnay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
System is running ok and i do not get anymore(for now) BSOD :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. Maybe we finally got the issue resolved. :D
Now lets see if it will stay stable and unless you have another issue that we have corrected I will watch the topic for a couple of days and see what is happening then.

xnay

xnay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanx for all your support! System is stable and i am pleased.

PS: I will now open new thread for BSOD on the other computer :/

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations xnay. ;) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible