Windows XP keeps restarting at startup
Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:07 PM
Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:16 PM
Sounds like your userinit file has become corrupted.
We will have to create a small 'fix CD' to solve this problem.
Please download ARCDC from Artellos.com.
- Double click ARCDC.exe (You might have to confirm admin rights if you're running this on Vista or above.)
- Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: Windows Professional SP2
- You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
- Next you will be able to add extra files. Please add:
- The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC, Please do so.
Note; Click on the Burn button before inserting a disk.
Once the disk is burned, put it in the machine you want to fix and restart it.
Boot to the CD just as you would with a Windows XP disk.
At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to enter the Recovery Console.
Choose the installation to be repaired by number (usually 1) and press Enter.
When you are asked for the Administrator password, enter the password or leave it blank (default) and press Enter.
At the C:\Windows> prompt, type the following commands pressing Enter after each one. Note: Watch the spaces.
copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32
Now take out the CD and reboot your computer to normal mode. Try to log in and it should let you back in.
Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:11 PM
Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:19 PM
That leaves us very few options unless you can get access to a external cdrom drive to use for awhile.
Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:07 PM
Press the power button to start the HP. Press and hold the F11 key to launch the HP Recovery Manager from the recovery partition.
Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:27 AM
Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:51 PM
Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:19 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users