Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing and Perimisson

• Please log in to reply

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi! I've networked a wired and a wireless into workgroup ABC. The computers see each others, and computer A ( wired) can access files from computer B without any problem, but when computer B tried to access file from computer A, it recieved an error message "No Permisssion...etc...." Both computers are using Windows XP Home edition. I've turned off Windows Firewall and disable Norton and Mcfee on both computers, and add Sharing File and Folder on both computers without restrictions. What else could be wrong on computer A that i have not done to be able to access it from computer B? Can somebody please help me?

Advertisements

ong2lua

ong2lua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
By the way, I've found the information posted by Digitaly, a forum member that's very help. Below is the information from Diogitaly,

"I have done it!!!!!!
Here is how!!!Just to help somebody one day!!!! I have found and modified this reg add.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]
set the DWORD "NoFolderOptions" to 0 (or you can delete it)
and the problems Is now gone...
thanks everyone.... And don't give up on problems "

I'm going to try it out and will come back to let you all know about the result. Thnaks again Digitaly! You are so helpful. :tazz: