Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

security services will not start automaticly

• Please log in to reply

Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello and ty for reading my post.

when i re-start my laptop it i have to manually start firewall, spyware and anti-virus. i use telus security for everything..telus is the phone company here and my internet provider. according to telus everything is running but windows security center says anti-virus is not running, also when i log into hotmail and other sites like kijiji and i hit "remember me" the sites don't remember my login info. these problems started 7 days ago.

Your malware team tells me my OTL log is clean.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Windows Security Centre does not recognise some security applications, so nothing unusual there.
When it's not recognised, Windows will say your av is not running when in fact it is.
If you can't live with that, change your av software.

As for web-sites not remembering your log-in info, make sure your web-browser is not set up to block all cookies.

Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi thank you for responding. To clarify, im using the same security package for the last 6 months it includes anti-rirus, firewall and anti-spyware. I have not changed any settings, no one else has access to my lap top. Suddenly none of my security services turn on automaticly, I have to manually start them from windows security centre. If somehow my settings were changed how do I change them back? If my IE settings are changed how do I change those back?